Saturday, August 24, 2013

Guess who's back, back again. Ya, I'm back, tell a friend.

Hi, blog. Long time, no see. For everybody's sake (I'm assuming everybody else has a life and doesn't want to read for the rest of time...I don't speak for myself.) we're going to start fresh. Clean slate. Blank canvas. You know, we'll bypass some major life events like:


  • I QUIT STARBUCKS. I know. I didn't think it was ever going to happen. But as I sunk into a deeper and deeper depression about how much my life was failing, my cards just all of a sudden started falling into place. Don't get me wrong, I ADORED my job at the 'Bucks, but it was never what I wanted to do forever, and it was wearing me down, and I was becoming someone I didn't particularly enjoy. So, in staying true to who I really was, I sat back and expected something to come to me. And it did. It may have taken about six years longer than if I had pursued something myself, but that's not the point. My little, baby sister (well, one of them) got preggers. Again. And while she got to be responsible for another little life, I got her job. Yay! I was a nervous wreck. I still am. I'm stepping so far out of my comfort zone that I can't even see it anymore. I'm going to be dealing with people that don't know me, don't trust me, and probably don't really even like me, as opposed to dealing with people that loved me (and I only know this because of the OUTPOUR of love on my last day at Starbucks, from customers and fellow co-workers. It was truly overwhelming). So maybe this means I'm growing up. #iwouldrathernot
  • I GOT A NEW CAR. I might have the best grandparents in the universe. Okay, I DO have the best grandparents in the universe. And this is not me being biased, it's actual fact. My old car, while continuing to be faithful to me, and getting me where I needed to go, was making me nervous. But, not only could I not afford a new car, I didn't really need a new car, because mine was, in reality, doing just fine. So you could imagine my surprise when I thought the whole fam jam was taking a road trip to surprise my grandpa (let's call him 'Papa', like I have my entire life. Why do I need to be someone I'm not?) for his 70th birthday, and when we all got there it turns out my sisters and I were the ones who were the most surprised. I was so surprised that I lost complete control of what I was doing (read: sitting, what else?), and just stood up and started crying. Uncontrollable, hyperventilating, ugly crying. Don't care. It's another story for another day how wrong I was when I thought it was my old car that was jinxed...spoiler alert: it might be me.
  • I GOT MARRIED. I saved the best for last. Do you remember my newfound kindred spirit? He's now my husband. See? I'm not crazy when I say I loved him from the start!** Because I think I actually did. #eerie He has blessed my life in innumerable ways. He has taught me innumerable lessons. He makes it certain that to him, I'm the best and most important thing. And even though I've always thought that about myself, it's nice to know that that's what someone actually thinks about you. Okay, okay, enough mushiness. I'm even annoyed with myself.
So those are just a few of the major life events that have happened since the last time we spoke (typed?). Husband has begged me to start blogging again, so I guess I will. I missed it, and I read about a million blogs everyday, so I guess it makes sense. I just need to figure out how to upload pictures from my phone to my computer to this blog. A little technically challenged (read: impatient), but once I do figure it out you'll feel as though you live my life with me, which basically means through food, sparkles, and knobs (another story for another day...man, I have so much catching up to do...).

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day watching Dexter and looking at recipes I wish I had the motivation to make. They'll make me hungry hangry, and Husband will come home to me whining about how hungry I am, while I'm still in my pajamas, after he's worked all day, and I'll insist we have no food, which really means we only have two eggs when I need three to make the cake I've been dying to make for approximately three months, so it's basically the end of the world. That's not an exaggeration of this afternoon's events. I'm a joy to live with.

**And I'm still crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment